Re: lots of sobig virus emails.

From: Kee Hinckley (nazgul_at_somewhere.com)
Date: 08/20/03

    Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:38:25 -0400
    To: "wirepair" <wirepair@roguemail.net>

    At 9:44 AM -0700 8/19/03, wirepair wrote:
    >heh anyone else seeing this or am i being targeted. Getting a lot of
    >bounce backs saying i'm sending off virii which is impossible
    >because i'm not infected. It also looks like i'm getting a ton from
    >'security peoples' email

    Join the club. My account and lots of other accounts at
    somewhere.com are getting innundated. I'm getting far more "you sent
    a virus" warnings than the viruses themselves. Which is completely
    irresponsible on the part of the anti-virus vendors. They know this
    virus forges the from address, they shouldn't be sending mail to the
    from address. Never mind the ones that send mail to postmaster of
    the domain as well as the "user". The fact that most of these
    "helpful" messages read far more like an advertisement for the
    anti-virus software than anything truly helpful, makes me wonder
    whether the companies aren't deliberately avoiding fixing this
    misfeature.

    --
    Kee Hinckley
    http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

    • Re: Increasing ICMP Echo Requests
      ... In the company I'm working for, we also have noticed a increasing number of ICPM request. ... > Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... > - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Increasing ICMP Echo Requests
      ... We are looking into filtering ICMP echo ... >Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... > - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: DCOM worm with get.bat bot.rar
      ... DCOM worm with get.bat bot.rar ... > Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... > - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: Microsoft extinguishes windowsupdate.com
      ... Subject: Microsoft 'extinguishes' windowsupdate.com ... Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: what is this?
      ... > Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... > - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ... A presente mensagem pode conter informação considerada confidencial. ...
      (Incidents)