Re: Increasing ICMP Echo Requests

From: Jeff Kell (jeff-kell_at_utc.edu)
Date: 08/19/03

    Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 02:39:10 -0400
    To: dunhamk@rmci.net

    Ken Dunham wrote:

    > It opens TCP port 707. doesn't sound nice to me.

    This is the bothersome part. If it keeps a shell bound to 707 then it
    is definitely malicious, despite the sugar coating.

    Jeff

    Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
     - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and Performance Policies
    **FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
    Visit us at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_incidents_030814

    • Re: Increasing ICMP Echo Requests
      ... In the company I'm working for, we also have noticed a increasing number of ICPM request. ... > Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... > - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Increasing ICMP Echo Requests
      ... We are looking into filtering ICMP echo ... >Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... > - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: DCOM worm with get.bat bot.rar
      ... DCOM worm with get.bat bot.rar ... > Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... > - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: Microsoft extinguishes windowsupdate.com
      ... Subject: Microsoft 'extinguishes' windowsupdate.com ... Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: lots of sobig virus emails.
      ... they shouldn't be sending mail to the ... Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping ... Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ...
      (Incidents)