RE: Command Line RPC vulnerability scanner?

From: Paul Tinsley (pdt_at_jackhammer.org)
Date: 08/01/03

    To: "'Russell Fulton'" <r.fulton@auckland.ac.nz>, "'Schmehl, Paul L'" <pauls@utdallas.edu>
    Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:49:36 -0600

    Turn off DCOM if you can't patch or you could possibly put a personal
    firewall on the box to block traffic to that port if you can't turn it off.
    I personally have never trusted the personal firewalls, but I guess it's an
    option.

    As far as the .... and ? ? results, I am marking those as unknown in my
    reports and making sure someone touches those machines by hand. So far
    every unknown system that has been checked has been patched.