Re: Port 0 packets

From: Salvatore Poliandro (jello_at_vanished.net)
Date: 07/25/03

    To: "Stuart" <secmail@patchsupplier.dyndns.org>, <incidents@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:16:29 -0400

    > Interesting, I wonder why I'm a magnet to them then :s
    It *could* be that you are a host for them? Did you notice any wierd
    ack/syn combos on ports you arent running services on when you did your
    packet capture? How certian are you that your box is not asking for this
    traffic? Does the box MAC match a MAC that might be attackable to the port
    0 DDoS's?
    Sal

    • Re: External drives not installing or working properly on USB
      ... Tne one thing you could try doing is a repair install of XP ... Only one of the five host controllers is connected to the 6 ... As you have 5 host ports, ... operating system to recognise the four additional 'drives'. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Nmap
      ... Nmap has an option to change how it determines if a host is up by ... Using a couple of standard ports are the best, such as 80, 21, etc. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: External drives not installing or working properly on USB
      ... thanks for clarifying the setup of the USB host controllers. ... As you have 5 host ports, ... operating system to recognise the four additional 'drives'. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Attacks on ssh port
      ... Trigger one of the "backdoor" ports, and you're out of my game. ... >> count it won't log any more than that number of attempts from a host. ... >> from the logfiles or enable some ports NIDs, or 3rd party NIDS to do ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Please help with winroute proxy settings
      ... enable logging on the DENY rules so you can analyze what ports are beeing ... > Permit TCP Any host all ports => Any host port=80. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)