Re: Hmm....901

From: Florin Andrei (florin_at_sgi.com)
Date: 06/05/03

    To: incidents@securityfocus.com
    Date: 05 Jun 2003 11:21:33 -0700

    For a quick answer to such questions, i usually use nmap's ports
    database. On my OS, it's in /usr/share/nmap/nmap-services

    It's not extraordinarily comprehensive, but it sure is a lot larger than
    the typical /etc/services

    --
    Florin Andrei
    "You can't encrypt your face." - Phil Zimmermann

    • Re: Database encryption.
      ... > I am writing application that encrypt paradox type database with IDEA ... which is used to mark end of string. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: 2 Keys decrypts same message
      ... > I don't want to encrypt each row twice (with a admin password ... Keeping the database secret. ... lots of disk storage and high speed LAN (Local Area ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • UK Incoming Passengers, 1878-1960
      ... Cheifitz, is the UK Incoming Passengers, 1878-1960. ... This database allows the researcher to find passengers leaving ports such as those ... One of the facinating lists was for the RMS Highland Glen, departing La Plata, Argentina, and arriving in London on April 15, 1911. ...
      (soc.genealogy.jewish)
    • Re: SSN encryption
      ... >> We want to encrypt social security numbers in a database. ... address and SSN are always excluded. ... exposed if there were a breakdown in the other security precautions. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: keeping data safe offline
      ... My client has made it clear, that he wants to keep end-users from ... If you want the database to be decrypted without the user having to ... encrypt the decryption key with another key, ... problem of the decryption key being retrieved from the application. ...
      (Security-Basics)