RE: Are they back? (was Re: Scans from proxyprotector.com)

jlewis_at_lewis.org
Date: 05/28/03

    Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:55:24 -0400 (EDT)
    To: Mark Ng <laptopalias1-mark@informationintelligence.net>

    On Tue, 27 May 2003, Mark Ng wrote:

    > It may or may not be the same people - as someone said before, the most
    > likely reason for these scans is proxies to send spam from. I hardly would
    > imagine that there are only one group of people performing this type of
    > scanning.

    There definitely are multiple groups (some of which are actually
    distributed collaborative efforts) looking for open proxies...some to
    generate lists of them to abuse or sell to others to abuse, others in
    order to know which IPs they don't want to receive mail from.

     Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*| I route
     System Administrator | therefore you are
     Atlantic Net |

    • Re: mail 2.0
      ... it is a no-brainer to avoid spam. ... usenet died as a social forum because there are no access controls. ... livejournal has a very active abuse department. ... sort of governing authority. ...
      (comp.mail.mime)
    • Re: How to trace email senders domain ?
      ... Communications" in San Jose CA and the abuse reporting address is ... they can contact the owner of the machine to have them take it off line ... inject the mail in to the mail delivery system. ... that why may not be effective and in fact may expose you to further spam. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: 1279-Work at home as an Internet research assistant!
      ... > You want that I should go to the affiliate website and file a spam report ... You can clearly read IP addresses; report it to the NNTP ... news.admin.net-abuse.sightings so there's a record of ongoing abuse. ... invalid mail that ISP will have to process. ...
      (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
    • Forward to abuse@ button for http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5965
      ... Any tools to auto forward spam into rfc5965 format for abuse@? ... ] For questions about using Yahoo! ...
      (freebsd-isp)
    • Re: Brad Jesness and Reply to anonymous stalker
      ... NONE of the people who are claimed to be my friends are ... and HIS anonymous stalking, abuse domains. ... List of CABAL Internet Spam Abuse Domains ... Thanks -- Brad Jesness ...
      (sci.psychology.psychotherapy)