Re: BIND Crash

From: Gaby Vanhegan (gaby.vanhegan_at_englandagency.com)
Date: 05/16/03

    Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:24:09 +0100
    To: Mark Ng <laptopalias1-mark@informationintelligence.net>

    > I've seen this today too. One of my clients DNS servers has crashed twice
    > in the same day, both times with the same message (or very similar)
    >
    > May 14 21:19:19 bilbo2 named[9491]: ns_resp.c:3946: ENSURE(cp <= eom_out)
    > failed.
    >
    > I've not seen the file in /tmp on this machine however. I'm looking to see
    > if there have been any similar problems on any of their other machines.

    Happened again last night to one of ours and one of our customers machines.
    I've setup snort to watch everything in minute detail to see if I can catch
    an IP address in the act...

    Gaby

    --
    GABY VANHEGAN, Web Developer
    gaby.vanhegan@englandagency.com

    • RE: A question for the list...
      ... >> evolution of the network ... implement and enforce WLAN security policies ... >> enterprise WLANs. ... implement and enforce WLAN security policies to ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: [ANNOUNCE] protocol watcher
      ... attack, which is known to be a SYN attack! ... wireless LANs require network security policies ... > that are enforced to protect WLANs from known vulnerabilities and threats. ... implement and enforce WLAN security policies to lockdown enterprise WLANs. ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: HTTPS Web site testing
      ... Subject: HTTPS Web site testing ... wireless LANs require network security policies ... that are enforced to protect WLANs from known vulnerabilities and threats. ... implement and enforce WLAN security policies to lockdown ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: A question for the list...
      ... Just like wired networks, wireless LANs require network security policies ... implement and enforce WLAN security policies to lockdown enterprise WLANs. ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: Scans from proxyprotector.com
      ... lockdown enterprise WLANs. ... Just like wired networks, wireless LANs require network security policies ... implement and enforce WLAN security policies to lockdown enterprise WLANs. ...
      (Incidents)