Scans on TCP port 9631 + other unknown ports

From: Kevin Patz (jambo_cat_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/25/03

    Date: 25 Apr 2003 12:10:30 -0000
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    Lately I've been seeing occasional scans on ports that
    I can't seem to find information on as to what
    trojans, services, etc. use these ports. So I'm
    posting this to find out if anyone has any information
    (or knows where I can look) to find out what these
    ports "belong" to.

    TCP ports: 9631, 889, 1182, 5262, 4480

    I believe 1182 and 4480 are proxies but I don't know
    which ones. I've seen 9631 a number of times but
    haven't been able to find any information on it.

    Thanks... KJP

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents

    • re: jeckyl hyde network
      ... be able to use private VLANs to divide the trusted and untrusted ports. ... the nodes in each community can only communicate ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ... Register today to ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... However, CheckPoint has one little ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Log on the domain
      ... whether a given user account can be used from the "console" keyboard ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)