Re: msamba

From: Tobias Klein (tobias.klein_at_ewetel.de)
Date: 04/25/03

    Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:06:02 +0200
    To: noconflic <nocon@texas-shooters.com>, Steve Bromwich <incident@fop.ns.ca>

    this files are infected with the linuxOSF8759 trojan
    ive tried to clean the file with the tools last posted "vaccine.c"
    but the files are still infected the right tool for cleaning the files is:
    http://packetstormsecurity.nl/trojans/clean-osf.8759.tgz

    - newroot

    At 10:14 22.04.2003 -0500, noconflic wrote:

    > > 8. I haven't contacted anyone because I don't have any hard evidence of
    > > where the intrusion came from. The cahcepu.net appears to be run by the
    > > guy who tried to get in anyway so I didn't feel it was too worthwhile.
    > >
    > > Once again, thanks for everyone's comments!
    > >
    > > Cheers, Steve
    > >

    > Probably get flamed for sending these but, Like others, I like to keep
    > track of what is
    >being used in the wild. Who ever is resposible, it looks like they have
    >been pretty busy.
    >
    > http://www.cahcepu.net/dhegleng/root-logs.txt
    >
    > At the bottom it looks like there are other "Auto rooters" there.
    > http://www.cahcepu.net/dhegleng/mass-slamet.tar.gz
    > http://www.cahcepu.net/dhegleng/massplo.tar.gz
    > http://www.cahcepu.net/dhegleng/local.tar.gz
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >- nocon

    >Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    >world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    >Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    >The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    >sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    >ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents

    • Re: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ... Register today to ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... However, CheckPoint has one little ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Zenworks
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... world's premier event for IT and network security experts. ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Log on the domain
      ... whether a given user account can be used from the "console" keyboard ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)