Weird Profile in Documents and Settings

From: Greg Wiedeman (gswcentral@attbi.com)
Date: 02/20/03

    Date: 20 Feb 2003 11:38:16 -0000
    From: Greg Wiedeman <gswcentral@attbi.com>
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    I have an incident where in the documents and settings in windows 2000 I
    have a profile show up under a number of systems where the name of the
    folder shows up as 3 squares. I don't know where it came from but it
    appears on my workstations and my servers. I don't know what it is. Does
    anyone know anything that would make this profile???? I have done virus
    scans and trojan scans along with scumware scans but all turn up negative.
    Thanks

    Do you know the base address of the Global Offset Table (GOT) on a Solaris 8
    box?
    CORE IMPACT does.
    www.securityfocus.com/core

    Relevant Pages

    • RE: Outlook2003: where is the email account info stored for the p
      ... The Save My Settings Wizard that comes ... > Office settings from one Windows profile to another. ... > Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
    • Re: Please Read - Windows XP and Roaming Profiles
      ... It's concerning the Windows XP shutdown process. ... > XP is closing the network connection before saving the user settings, ... > the profile on the server is not updated. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Please Read - Windows XP and Roaming Profiles
      ... It's concerning the Windows XP shutdown process. ... > XP is closing the network connection before saving the user settings, ... > the profile on the server is not updated. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: Please Read - Windows XP and Roaming Profiles
      ... It's concerning the Windows XP shutdown process. ... > XP is closing the network connection before saving the user settings, ... > the profile on the server is not updated. ...
    • RE: Altering power & display settings for all users
      ... I suppose it is about a Windows 2000 or XP laptop ?? ... Login as an administrator, and make a extra temporary-admin account on the ... copy the content of the Tweaked Profile: ... all NEW users will have EXACTLY the same settings in ALL ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)