Incidents list administrivia and introductions...

From: Dan Hanson (dhanson@securityfocus.com)
Date: 02/16/03

    Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:13:42 -0700 (MST)
    From: Dan Hanson <dhanson@securityfocus.com>
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com

    Firstly, I would like to introduce myself as a new moderator for the
    incidents mailing list.

    Secondly, I would like to apologize for accidently approving a SPAM
    message to the list on Friday evening. This message, entitled " Spies on
    Your PC HDrv" should not have been approved.

    For those that sent a comment wondering if this is the form of advertising
    that is being pursued, it, most definately, is not. This message resulted
    from an unfortunate slip of the moderation finger.

    Thank you for your time and patience.

    Daniel

    • Re: A rough plan to move to a new Google Group (if we do)
      ... undoubtedly the cause is the growing deluge of spam we have been ... approximately once a year, but whose contribution to RMIM ... moving to ggRMIM solve the problem of searching Usenet-RMIM archives? ... exactly is a moderator to determine whether an unknown prospective ...
      (rec.music.indian.misc)
    • Poll yahoogroups to allow new moderators to be appointed
      ... We in the mvt7100 radio scanner group are fed up with spam. ... I have emailed the moderator of the group mvt7100 for the last two ... Most like me have been group members for years. ... If enough members of groups go and email yahoo to tell them to stop spam ...
      (rec.radio.scanner)
    • Re: What happened
      ... started a moderated group at the link Harry posted. ... killfile you instead of just killing anything with spam in the ... have learned in the past the "moderator" there is not real moderate ... I suspect if you put up boating/fishing/outdoors related posts, ...
      (rec.boats)
    • Re: spammers
      ... I find the Spam annoying too, but not that hard to ignore. ... but then someone has to read every post and declare it worthy before ... moderator in the way would be a problem, ... and if they want examples of bad video, youtube, et al, they have ...
      (rec.video.production)
    • Re: ClayArt
      ... only one public NG that I regularly read has a moderator. ... I've been off Clayart for over a year now, so I may be out of touch. ... you have to sort the Clayart from the spam... ... I solved this by getting the digest version, ...
      (rec.crafts.pottery)