Re: email address probes

From: Ned Fleming (ned@kaw.us)
Date: 02/06/03

    From: Ned Fleming <ned@kaw.us>
    To: incidents@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:07:05 -0600

    On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:54:19 +0000, Andy Bastien
    <lists+incidents@yuggoth.net> wrote:

    [snip]

    >I'd like to be able to stop these attempts, but I can't think of a way
    >to do it. All of the attempts are coming from valid servers from some
    >domains that we can't block. They do all have null reverse-paths
    >(MAIL FROM:<>), but I don't think that we can reject on this criteria

    Maybe you're being joe-jobbed. To wit: A spammer is using your domain
    name as the "From: xyz@yogguth.net" or "Reply-To:" address on the spam
    he's spewing.

            http://www.spamfaq.net/terminology.shtml#joe_job

    • RE: Anyone????? FW: Concept Virus(CV) V.5 - Quick analysis update
      ... >>> This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... >>> For more information on this free incident handling, management ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: [CERT] Re: Compromised FBSD/Apache
      ... >>>This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... >>>For more information on this free incident handling, management ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: Compromised FBSD/Apache
      ... >>>This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... >>>For more information on this free incident handling, management ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Strange web request
      ... >> This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... >> For more information on this free incident handling, management ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Rooted, .haos on system