Re: PDL anti-spam blacklist

From: Mark (mark@uniontown.com)
Date: 01/02/03

    From: "Mark" <mark@uniontown.com>
    To: <jpaul@kormanmarketing.com>, <incidents@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:33:15 -0500

    Maybe it's the word "marketing" in your domain name (looking at your return
    address)?

    The word "marketing" has been plagued with the same mentality as "hacker".
    A "hacker", in my day, was not a bad person.

    Some email spam control packages will scrub email on keywords like mortgage
    or marketing, I wouldn't doubt that some services start their lists by
    adding every domain that has the word marketing in the WHOIS or reverse DNS
    lookups.

    -Mark