Re: Compromised FBSD/Apache

From: Jose Nazario (jose@monkey.org)
Date: 11/25/02

    Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:39:26 -0500 (EST)
    From: Jose Nazario <jose@monkey.org>
    To: "Thomas C. Meggs" <tom@plik.net>

    On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Thomas C. Meggs wrote:

    > Out of curiosity what is the Linux and Solaris equivalents for doing
    > this? I did a quick check under Linux and didn't see any similarly named
    > programs, and the UNIX Rosetta Stone wasn't much help either. Thanks!

    almost every UNIX: lsof, a third party application
    IRIX 6.5 and later: sockwatch, freely available

    ___________________________
    jose nazario, ph.d. jose@monkey.org
                                            http://www.monkey.org/~jose/

    • Re: Compromised FBSD/Apache
      ... > Out of curiosity what is the Linux and Solaris equivalents for doing ... I did a quick check under Linux and didn't see any similarly named ... 'lsof' ('list of open files') is also suitable for doing this and is available ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: [SLE] Rant -- SuSE 9.1 is Not a Home Desktop solution at all
      ... it kid, you're just as bad, and some Linux guys are worse. ... and certainly not enough to keep a buisness up. ... and peoples "curiosity" for new stuff won't linger on ... listening to that complaining "winblower" than you. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Problem assigning a disk-partition to a /dev/raw/rawN device
      ... > The problem was solved by installing a native 64-bit Linux ... Out of curiosity, ... With luck, my next major ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Very OT: any linux users here?
      ... My adventures into Linux were prompted by ... interest in this curiosity as a bad experience. ... My old system is slightly slower hardware than yours and has 1.5 GB of ... superiority complexes it might actually become a real market player. ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
    • Re: Compromised FBSD/Apache
      ... > Out of curiosity what is the Linux and Solaris equivalents for doing ... With Linux net-tools, netstat has a -p option for this. ... and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com ...
      (Incidents)