Thanks on NetBios DoSing...

From: Nicholas C. Weaver (nweaver@CS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 10/18/02

From: "Nicholas C. Weaver" <nweaver@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To: incidents@securityfocus.com
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:58:09 -0700 (PDT)

It is good to know that it is a legitimate scan, not a DoS, thats
being employed (there is some possibility, not confirmed, that one
could attempt a bad login using a 1 way UDP traffic).

There is going to be a CS dept meeting today, where the topic of
firewalling and similar defenses will come up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. For more information on this free incident handling, management and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SED - File manipulation
    ... Thats the easy bit - I can do that in DOS! ... I want to add a field to each record containnig the ... filename from whence it came! ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: SED - File manipulation
    ... Thats the easy bit - I can do that in DOS! ... I want to add a field to each record containnig the ... filename from whence it came! ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Pub XP system wont recognize usb partition
    ... Thats not dos. ... Thats not the problem. ... Likely because SE can see the copy of the MBR and XP doesnt bother to use it. ... But its only nukes the primary copy of the MBR not the partition itself. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Pub XP system wont recognize usb partition
    ... w98se system, but XP system cannot see it. ... Thats not dos. ... Thats not the problem. ... The problem is the pmimary copy of the partition bootsector. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Simon is impersonating me.
    ... Incorrect definition of DoS. ... results in a great inconvenience for those having to wade through them here ... while trying to read legitimate posts. ... helping legitimate users in all the technical groups - IOW users of all the ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)