RE: Forensics CD

From: Black, Braden (
Date: 10/10/02

From: "Black, Braden" <>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:46:48 -0400

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 08:05:56AM -0700, H C wrote:

> > > You might want to look at FIRE which is a primarily
> > > a CD bootable linux distribution
> >
> Earlier versions of FIRE actually had a number of binaries for
> performing analysis on live systems (i386 Windows and Sparc Solaris),
> but they appear to have been pulled in more recent releases due to
> licensing issues. Hopefully we'll start seeing some utilities with more
> favorable licensing in the next version(s).

I keep expecting to see Trinux show up in this thread, and as I cannot bear

To quote the site:
"Trinux is a ramdisk-based Linux distribution that boots from a single
floppy or CD-ROM, loads it packages from an HTTP/FTP server, a FAT/NTFS/ISO
filesystem, or additional floppies. Trinux contains the latest versions of
popular Open Source network security tools for port scanning, packet
vulnerability scanning, sniffer detection, packet construction,
OS fingerprinting, network monitoring, session-hijacking, backup/recovery,
computer forensics, intrusion detection, and more. Trinux also provides
for Perl, PHP, and Python scripting languages. Remote Trinux boxes can be
securely with OpenSSH."

- Braden

and tracking system please see: