RE: Unusual volume: UDP:137 probes

From: Mark Forsyth (forsythm@optushome.com.au)
Date: 10/01/02

From: Mark Forsyth <forsythm@optushome.com.au>
To: "'Emeric Miszti'" <emeric@uksecurityonline.com>, "incidents@securityfocus.com" <incidents@securityfocus.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:55:51 +1000

On Tuesday, October 01, 2002 1:55 AM, Emeric Miszti [SMTP:emeric@uksecurityonline.com] wrote:

[deletia]

> Been seeing exactly the same spike with same patterns. Up from 40 odd scans on
> 28/9/2002 to 495 already today.

Up until 01-Oct 10:50 (Aust. EST) I've seen 349. The rate is increasing fairly quickly.

> Incidents.org have picked this up at the Internet Storm Center
>
> http://isc.incidents.org/port_details.html?port=137
>
> No explanations or reasons been given by anyone yet.

There _may_ be an explanation here:-
https://grc.com/x/news.exe?cmd=article&group=grc.security&item=59379&utag=

I sure would like to stick a honeypot somewhere and see what happens.

Ooroo
Mark F...

  • Re: Declassifying First Class?
    ... and they have revised some stopping patterns and provided ... the odd additional train. ... They have also pleaded for additional stock ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: The recent appearance of blogs on the group
    ... those who don't like them can kill file them. ... It strikes me as odd that Spike even had to do that. ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: Differentiation
    ... ...weeeeeeeeee *throws confetti* ... Anybody to clean up the confetti ... for all odd k; similarly if n is odd then a_k = 0 for all ... patterns by factorizing the coefficients. ...
    (sci.math)
  • RE: thousand separator conversion from dot to comma
    ... Spike ... >> Yes you would have thought so, it was the first thing i tried, this is odd ... >> times and cannot make any headway. ... >> with kind regards ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Starting with the off hand.
    ... Does anyone start certain patterns with their off hand? ... even patterns with my left hand and all of my odd patterns(except of 3 ... When first learning fountain patterns, I've also found it easier to start ... attention on my first throw with that non-dom hand. ...
    (rec.juggling)