Re: Code Red / Nimda Antidote?

From: Roger Thompson (rogert@mindspring.com)
Date: 09/09/02

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 15:30:04 -0400
To: Clinton Smith <security@infosecwest.com>, incidents@securityfocus.com
From: Roger Thompson <rogert@mindspring.com>

At 09:28 AM 9/9/2002 +0800, Clinton Smith wrote:
>In the last three days - I have seen a Dramatic decrease in the number
>of code red and nimda events:
>
>ie from 20-30 per day down to <3
>
>Has there been an anti-worm etc released?

I don't think so.

>Is anyone else seeing this trend?

No. The WormCatcher net shows Nimda and CodeRed.b as being at about the
expected levels.

See:

www.wormwatch.org

and

www.wormwatch.org/images/WCMthly.html

I don't have previous months figures online at the moment, but they look
similar to this month.

Roger

Regards

Roger Thompson
Technical Director of Malicious Code Research
TruSecure Corporation
www.trusecure.com
www.wormwatch.org

  • Re: Code Red / Nimda Antidote?
    (Incidents)
  • Code Red / Nimda Antidote?
    ... In the last three days - I have seen a Dramatic decrease in the number ... of code red and nimda events: ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... For more information on this free incident handling, ...
    (Incidents)