Re: Microsoft's Early Xmas Present.

From: Devdas Bhagat (devdas@worldgatein.net)
Date: 01/02/02

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:46:53 +0530
From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas@worldgatein.net>
To: Incidents List <incidents@securityfocus.com>

On 29/12/01 22:04 -0700, Ryan Russell wrote:
<snip>
> normal people to keep up on patches is. I'm starting to think more and
> more that a 3-month expiration date on Windows is a good idea. If you
> haven't patched in 3 months, then your machine will refuse to do anything
> but download patches...
I second that idea. I don't think it will be implemented however, unless
the installer allows for that. Then again, I don't like my machines
updating themselves without my permission. (Yeah, I'm the geek that
knows what I'm doing and keeps stuff patched on my servers. Thankfully
I'm not the LAN admin, but I usually get to fix infected machines before
the LAN admins can get to figure out that they are infected by a worm
that yesterdays antivirus patch won't fix).

Devdas Bhagat