new pop3 exploit out?

From: leon (leon@inyc.com)
Date: 10/05/01

From: "leon" <leon@inyc.com>
To: <incidents@securityfocus.com>
Subject: new pop3 exploit out?
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:03:09 -0400

Hi all,

I keep getting scanned on various ports (the usual 80, 23, 5190? I know
it is aim but not sure why people are looking for it) upon scanning the
systems back I find that they are only running a mail server on 110
(pop3) I am sorry I do not have banners that I have grabbed or anything
but I do have ip's for ya ;)

213.245.47.41
216.220.104.180
213.112.62.68 (this one is running a multitude of services at the time
of writing)
24.29.125.76

Anyone know anything about this? I don't really care because it is more
of an annoyance since I am not running any of the services they are
looking for (as always).

I just figured I would give the list a heads up since I found it
strange.

Cheers and have a good weekend all,

Leon

  • Re: windows mail with aim mail
    ... AOL/AIM wants users to quit using POP3. ... Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express. ... Iuse windows mail with aim mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: new pop3 exploit out?
    ... Subject: new pop3 exploit out? ... The vul-dev list is having a heavy discussion on AIM and exploiting it. ... This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ... and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Windows Mail fails when connecting to AIM.COM mail server
    ... AIM supports both IMAP and POP3. ... I prefer POP3 so I used that instead. ... I believe that aim now use IMAP accounts instead of POP3? ... the AIM server does not support port 995 or SSL. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: new pop3 exploit out?
    ... Subject: new pop3 exploit out? ... Probing port 5190 does not ... They're looking for AIM because a buffer overflow was found earlier this ... Operating Systems Analyst ...
    (Incidents)