RE: New "concept" virus/worm?

From: Tina Bird (
Date: 09/18/01

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:50:46 -0500 (CDT)
From: Tina Bird <>
To: Christian Hampson <>
Subject: RE: New "concept" virus/worm?

McAfee/NAI has a removal tool:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Christian Hampson wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:29:09 -0700
> From: Christian Hampson <>
> To:,
> Subject: RE: New "concept" virus/worm?
> Please forgive the cross-post.
> I am at a client site. Win2k without SP2 is infected. NT4 without IIS
> or an email client installed has not been affected. Fortunately, that
> is the server containing payroll.
> If anyone has developed or heard of a removal tool, I would love to hear
> about it.
> So far, I have seen McAfee, Sophos, and F-Secure post definitions for
> this virus.
> Christian Hampson

and tracking system please see:

Relevant Pages

  • RE: New "concept" virus/worm?
    ... Subject: New "concept" virus/worm? ... it's not a removal tool. ... files if you have McAfee virus scanner. ... > that is the server containing payroll. ...
  • Re: Question regarding SUS
    ... I am fairly certain the removal tool will only get applied to a machine IF ... it has been infected with the Sasser worm. ... > I have approved several patches and via a Group policy made one ... > point to my SUS server, ...
  • Re: Malware Removal Tool kills Explorer
    ... it wasn't the Malicious Software Removal Tool. ... Zone Alarm has fixed their problem and has released new ZA updates. ... Explorer lost connectivity to the server. ... "the connection to the server failed." ...
  • Au Secour! Cant send email in Outlook 2002 & Outlook Express
    ... I cannot send email through Outlook 2002 or Outlook ... Here is my error message when I click the Send & Receive ... server administrator or Internet service provider.' ... I thought I had a virus, but used the removal tool ...