RE: Code Red

From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@energygraphics.com)
Date: 08/01/01

From: Michael Tucker <mtucker@energygraphics.com>
To: 'Alfred Huger' <ah@securityfocus.com>, "'incidents@securityfocus.com'" <incidents@securityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Code Red
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:37:00 -0500

I received one CRv2 probe this morning, from an engineering firm in Florida
(US). I "whois"ed the IP address, visited their Web site, and found the
familiar "Hacked by Chinese!" message. I've emailed the webmaster to let
them know.

Yours,
Michael
-----
Michael C. Tucker | Java Developer
Energy Graphics, Inc. | Software Engineer
mtucker@energygraphics.com | Sun Certified System Engineer

It's the action, not the fruit of the action that's important. You have
to do the right thing... You may never know what results come from your
action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result. (Gandhi)

  • RE: NT/2000 vs Unix based Web Servers
    ... replied in depth to the original mail on the subject. ... also I don't see a lot of replies to the original question, ... "Which is the better web server to use and why?" ... > systems which is a good idea for a web site. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: (OT) dvd recorder tuner frequency range
    ... interested in (good price on svp, btw). ... Been through the manual with a fine tooth comb - not an inkling of the tuner's range :-( Likewise the web site; although I /did/ find a quite well-hidden email address, which I've since tried with this question, and await the outcome. ... Please use the corrected version of the address below for replies. ...
    (uk.rec.video.digital)
  • Re: Emails I post to group dont appear
    ... BTW, that is also why you may not get notified of replies, if someone replies directly through a newsreader (or some other web site that is leeching the messages), the reply usually doesn't work. ... Also, it never notifies me of replies, even tho I check the box. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: 1-26 for first glider, or not?
    ... 19 replies already! ...  I knew it would be some great reading! ... I should have mentioned, I am on the east coast of the US, central ... Florida. ...
    (rec.aviation.soaring)
  • discontent and dirty washing in the clowns new scotchland
    ... the various replies are interesting ... web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics ...
    (uk.politics.misc)