Re: Large ISP response to Code Red?

From: Kris Carlier (root@iguana.be)
Date: 07/31/01

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:53:54 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Kris Carlier <root@iguana.be>
To: Mike Johnson <mikej@opennms.org>
Subject: Re: Large ISP response to Code Red?

> To me, this is the answer. Server based systems usually have
> plenty of bandwidth. A different set of patches could be
> offered for the desktop class systems (Win9x, Me, 2k Prof.)
> that might be more bandwidth friendly and only applies to

small detail, IIRC, one of the windowsupdate servers fell victim to the CR
attack itself. So, here's a rethorical question: would you like your
system to be automatically updated ? What if the machine you trust is
infected ? Helluvaway to efficiently distribute a worm, no ?

kr=

  • Re: ISA Problem or Firewall Client issue?
    ... The server is a Dell Power Edge SBS 2003 server ... with ISA 2004 and a dual NIC configuration. ... bandwidth between my site and them. ... of users who use the network for functions other than Internet and e-mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [SOLVED] Is my processor 32-bit or 64-bit?
    ... server at that time as they all used a single P6 bus, ... This CMP design also allowed assigning different amounts of memory to ... of times lower and bandwidth thousands of times higher than the fastest ... The fist Infiniband hardware hit the market in the early 2000s. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fastream IQ Reverse Proxy 1.5.4R
    ... Secure your web server with cache, load-balancing, bw limits, ... bit industry strength SSL/TLS encryption, authentication, bandwidth ... limiting and load balancing with failover protection as well as GZip ... Client connections pooled with dynamic load determination algorithm ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Fastream IQ Reverse Proxy 1.4.0
    ... Secure your web server with cache, load-balancing, bw limits, ... bit industry strength SSL/TLS encryption, authentication, bandwidth ... limiting and load balancing with failover protection as well as GZip ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Fastream IQ Reverse Proxy 1.5.0R