RES: Re: Solaris 2.7 Daylight saving time fix.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Em
nome de Andy_Bach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2007 16:43
Para: daniel.raymer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: focus-sun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: Re: Solaris 2.7 Daylight saving time fix.

Sadly, this script still leaves me with zdump -v showing April 1st for
DST changeover.

Yeah, it appears you need to do a couple things - one is change from the
old school "?STx?DT" TZ format (to US/Central for example) and the other
is to ditch the solaris zdump for the nih one. I'm still hoping for a
response but it was indicated that Sun holds that the ?STx?DT format
precludes using any zoneinfo files - not sure where it gets the info then
(one of libc or libdl? time()?) but ....

Not sure if the "problem" extends beyond just zdump, that is, what other
programs might not use the zoneinfo info

Andy Bach
Systems Mangler
Internet: andy_bach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VOICE: (608) 261-5738 FAX 264-5932

Pericles of Athens, c.430 B.C.

  • Re: Re: Solaris 2.7 Daylight saving time fix.
    ... DST changeover. ... old school "?STx?DT" TZ format and the other ... precludes using any zoneinfo files - not sure where it gets the info then ... programs might not use the zoneinfo info ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Daylight Savings time on Solaris 2.6
    ... have some Solaris 2.5.1 machines still running, some SunOs 4.1.* machines, ... SunOS 4.x and Solaris 2.x all use Olson's timezone code and you can ... That takes care of zoneinfo files, but not of the libc code that defaults ... specified POSIX style TZ values, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)