RE: Solaris 2.7 Daylight saving time fix.

-----Original Message-----
From: Levenglick, Jeff
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:04 AM
To: Casper.Dik@xxxxxxx; Andy_Bach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Keith Farrar; focus-sun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; lcashdol@xxxxxxxxx;
listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Solaris 2.7 Daylight saving time fix.

Try this link:

http://java.sun.com/javase/tzupdater_README.html

Ibm's tool:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/index.html

hp's tool:

http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/DST-US.html

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Casper.Dik@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:04 PM
To: Andy_Bach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Keith Farrar; focus-sun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; lcashdol@xxxxxxxxx;
listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No luck, least-wise not w/ the 'old' CST6CDT formated TZ-style. Even
using
the 2.8 updated zdump/zic. It appears (from truss) that using these
formats ignores the zoneinfo files. The CST6CDT zoneinfo file does
contain
the correct DST date (I copied one to a new TZ name and tested that w/
the
zdumps). The zdump.c code for sol I can find:
http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/loficc/crypto/usr/src/cmd/zdump/
zdump.c

Yes, POSIX requires that it ignores the zoneinfo files.

appears to be a port of the NIH code which dutifully opens the
appropriate
zoneinfo file. I can compile that and it works - even if I use the sol
zoneinfo files. Hmm, is this only a zdump (pre 10 (at least) anyway)
problem? That is, after changing my TIMEZONE to use US/Central is
there
another test to see if solaris will have an issue?

Why can't you just install the zoneinfo files and set the TZ to
America/Whatever?

Casper

This e-mail message is private and may contain confidential or
privileged information.