Re: Dealing with BSM Audit Logs

On Oct 19, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Crist J. Clark wrote:

Anyway, I am in search of tools to deal with audit logs. For
example, I suspect that this noise is from ufsdump/restore,
but this is hard to back out. It'd be sweet to have a tool
where I could pull out all of the logs related to a process,
including its children, and look at them. Something interactive
would be so-o cool. Using auditreduce(1M) and praudit(1M) with
grep, perl, and awk only goes so far, especially when it
comes to GBs of logs.

Are there tools out there for this? Any leads, from Sun, free
stuff, your scripts, or third-party commercial, would help.

You could take a look at AuditViewer:

http://blogs.sun.com/martin/entry/audit_viewer_application

Early alpha, but at least something.

//Magnus

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: Bush Visiting Indiana
    ... well you suspect dead wrong. ... William Alan Thomas Clark, Ph.D. ... Associate Dean, Graduate School ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: The Last Word
    ... and audibility seems rather suspect - there isn't much to ... And your knowledge of real-world music amplification seems rather ... any difference between a 60dB SN ratio and 1000dB SN ratio. ... noise inherent in a piece of modern electronics. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: SLR concerns, owners experiences please.
    ... ISO rather than external flash, I suspect ... noise matters a little more for me. ... such a weight limit exists for cameras too. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Ultra 80 a good test system for multithreaded software development ?
    ... I suspect it is if the machine is not well packed, you might be able to reduce airflow and noise. ... Whilst i don't say it is always the case, a lot of low noise fans achieve this by reducing the airflow. ... possible with an U80 or any other SUN Server. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Line Attenuation/Noise Margin requirements for BT 8Mbps ADSL ?
    ... >I suspect in my case that the noise is carried on the 12v input rather than ... there was a phase where laptop PSUs and the like came with a device in ... Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)