Re: root group in solaris : Tools

Salut,

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 11:09 -0700, Mike Kuriger wrote:
true, but sudo is for administrators. if a regular user needs root
access for anything, it's always just one or 2 commands which we make a
rule for. But true, it's very easy to get a root shell with sudo

What I meant to say is, if you give an user root privileges and the
ability to choose in any way what to run, you can't restrict him
anymore. (Even though the restriction seems to be a central point in
this thread.)

Tonnerre
--
SyGroup GmbH
Tonnerre Lombard

Loesungen mit System
Tel:+41 61 333 80 33 Roeschenzerstrasse 9
Fax:+41 61 383 14 67 4153 Reinach BL
Web:www.sygroup.ch tonnerre.lombard@xxxxxxxxxx

  • RE: root shell auditing
    ... Subject: root shell auditing ... It hooks the commands as they're being logged into bash's ... so a syslog can capture commands in real ... Timestamp came from syslog. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: root shell auditing
    ... On Behalf Of TJ Easter ... It hooks the commands as they're being logged into bash's ... so a syslog can capture commands in real ... Currently in our environment administrators get root shell access ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Need help moving from 10.4 to 10.5
    ... is okay for one or two commands, but not for any heavy work. ... If you want a root shell, all you need is one single sudo ... Please send all responses to the relevant news group. ... read posts from Google Groups. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: GNOME hangs
    ... Eric Donkersloot wrote: ... commands from a root shell. ... snail-mail addresses and phone numbers ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: delete near-disaster
    ... let's say I want my root shell to be the same no matter what I'm ... > put these commands? ... For other reasons maybe. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)