Re: root group in solaris

On 9/19/06, Robin Landis <robin.landis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
sudo -s opens a root level shell that can be used to issue multiple
commands. If running in a gui, the admin could even have more than one
shell open and use the root and non-root shells simultaneously for
appropriate commands. That's pretty simple and requires knowledge of only
the user's own password. The only command logged is the command to spawn
the shell, not the commands issued in that shell, unlike the audit trail
that could be kept if commands were issued separately prefixed with sudo.

One option that I've used to log these commands is sudosh
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/sudosh/). It acts as a login shell,
but logs all commands/keystrokes and allows easy playback/review of
them for auditing.

Keith Bucher

Relevant Pages

  • Update - SUMMARY - Assigning "root" privileges to a user
    ... prevent a user from creating a root shell if they have access to commands ... that are scripts or that allow shell escapes. ... SUMMARY - Assigning "root" privileges to a user ... priviledge, as long as they have a shell with root priviledge. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: OT: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives
    ... look at some beginners guide for "shell scripts". ... There are three easy to remember shell commands that are very helpful: ... You also should take a look at "common linux shortcuts" some are equal ... I'm still searching for how to log in as 'root' to fix my GRUB ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: root group in solaris
    ... sudo -s opens a root level shell that can be used to issue multiple ... appropriate commands. ... that could be kept if commands were issued separately prefixed with sudo. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Redirection issue
    ... 1- execute input commands from standard input, ... code to implement the redirection it does not work anymore. ... And it's not good shell behavior to echo commands anyway. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Redirection issue
    ... 1- execute input commands from standard input, ... the phrase "it does not work anymore" carries very little meaning. ... after compilation and execution of the shell with a simple command like ...
    (comp.lang.c)