Re: Update in solaris

Is there a command or program which allows me to update my Solaris OS?

I have servers running solaris 8,9 and 10.

Not sure what you mean with update. If you want to upgrade a machine
from e.g. Solaris 9 to Solaris 10, take a look at the Release and
Installation Collection on docs.sun.com. It will explain the various
options (re-install, upgrade, live upgrade).

If you're talking about installing patches to update a certain
release of Solaris to its most current state, read about dealing
with Solaris Patches in the Basic Administration guide on docs.sun.com
and check out http://sunsolve.sun.com/

Especially as you have servers with different releases of Solaris,
I recommend taking a look at http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/
Unlike Sun's own patch tools, it works on any release of Solaris,
is much simpler to use for novice users, and more versatile for
advanced admins.

mp.

Relevant Pages

  • Problems with luupgrade using Solaris 10 1/06 media
    ... I've been trying to get my V440 upgraded from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 ... The live upgrade process always fails on luupgrade command. ... Cross referencing storage devices with boot environment configurations ... Determining packages to install or upgrade for BE. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • SUMMARY: upgrading Solaris 10 u3 to uX
    ... Everyone has said that I have to do an upgrade ... upgrading Solaris 10 u3 to uX ... one running Solaris 10 U2 and another running Solaris 10 ... be done by installing patches, or do I have to do a full install from CD? ...
    (SunManagers)
  • UPDATE: Live Upgrade Help
    ... we are planning to upgrade all our Production Servers from Solaris 2.6 ... to Solaris 8 by next week. ... Setting asynchronous flag on ABE mount point ... Copying of file system / directory is in progress... ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: flash 9 released :)
    ... it has negative ramifications for customer loyalty to the product line. ... would have ported a modern version of Gnome to Solaris 8 before hobbling ... It is easy to say just upgrade to Solaris 10. ... By total cost, I'm referring to everything involved, such as downtime, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Update in solaris
    ... I have servers running solaris 8,9 and 10. ... options (re-install, upgrade, live upgrade). ... suggest you break your OS disk mirrors and then do the LU on one ...
    (Focus-SUN)