Re: root group in solaris

That's probably not the best way to do it. First, just by adding
people to the root group it doesn't give them root privileges. The
only way to do that would be to make specific binaries sgid/suid.

You should really look at using RBAC or sudo for what you're doing.

With RBAC a user will su to a "role" (a special account) that can (or
may not) have a shared password. That role will have a profile that
will link what binaries can be run suid by that role. Those users will
not have root, they'll just have access to an alternate account that
they have to su to (good for auditing/paper trails.)