root group in solaris

Hi,

I would like to give root user privileges to a set of OS
administrators. Everyone has individual user-ids on the system.
Currently they login with their personal ID and then SU to root. I
donot want to share root password with these many people.

I am thinking of adding all these users to the "root" group[GID 0].
Will it provide root-equivalent UID O access to these users. If not
why ? Does the "root" group not have root user-id equivalent
privileges?

Is it possible manually to make the GID 0 privileges equivalant of UID O?

How else can I give these individual users root privileges - make all
of them UID 0 or something.? Is that a smart idea?

I am looking at something simpler than SUDO or RBAC