E450 - hangs when booting without keyboard and monitor

From: Steiner, Jason (OCFO) (Jason.Steiner_at_dc.gov)
Date: 09/01/04

    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:25:49 -0400

    I have an E450 and I would like to remove the keyboard and monitor. I
    powered the server down, and then removed the keyboard and monitor. When I
    power the server back on it hangs during the boot process. If I power off
    and reattach the monitor and keyboard it then boots fine. I did not do a
    lot of troubleshooting because I did not want the machine offline for a long
    time, but was hoping someone might have a few tips before I try again.

    I did have a console connection via my laptop to the serial port when
    booting without the keyboard and monitor and did not see any errors. It
    would finish the memory initialization then start the boot process and just
    hang shortly after that.

    Regards,
    Jason

    • RE: Dell Ultra Sharp 2001FP Flat Panel
      ... # the X server to render fonts. ... # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled ... I have Fedora Core 2 running fine until my monitor died. ... To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: off topic: LCD Terminal
      ... >> I want to have a server PC without keyboard and monitor. ... >> keyboard, and an LCD display and it acts like a terminal. ... It is called a desktop machine, not a server. ... and that is during the boot process. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: mouse freeze
      ... Asus A7V333 mobo ... Logitech Elite Keyboard ... Proview 19" monitor ... Rebuilt for a relative - The motherboard went out on it, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Bids Wanted: Batch of NeXT equipment
      ... color turbo slab, sony trinitron, adb soundbox, keyboard, mouse, 128 MB RAM ... color slab, no monitor, non-adb sound box, keyboard, mouse, 20 MB RAM ... mono slab, mono monitor, keyboard, mouse, 20 MB RAM ... Original NeXTstep 1.0 manuals ...
      (comp.sys.next.marketplace)
    • Re: Multiple screens TV and Monitor??
      ... > separatly(TV or Monitor) but it has to be possible to have twinview. ... are also a couple other options that specify the second display, ... # InputDevice "Keyboard" "CoreKeyboard" ... # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled ...
      (freebsd-questions)