Re: [ID 800047 auth.crit] fatal: monitor_read: unsupported request: 24

From: Robert Escue (roescue_at_cox.net)
Date: 08/13/04

    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:47:50 -0400
    To: karthik dhayalan <karthikeyan.gemini@wipro.com>

    karthik dhayalan wrote:

    >hi guys,
    >
    > I get the above mentioned error when i try to ssh to my solaris box(SUN ULTRA 60)..
    >
    > what could be the exact reason??
    >

    >I think its authenticating; but immediately closing...

    Karthik,

    Are you trying to log in as root? That is not allowed by default, see
    the following link for more info (OpenSSH), but the behavior is similar
    for Solaris 9/10 SSH:

    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2003-December/005434.html

    Robert Escue
    System Administrator

    • server securing issues
      ... have done some securing on my solaris server and ... Information about the remote host: ... Port ssh ... An SSH server is running on this port. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Creating dynamic tunnels using bash script (cygwin/solaris)
      ... I would do something like this (cygwin is my windows box having cygwin ... installed and solaris is a solaris based server): ... My problem is that the destination port is unknown at the time I create ... the ssh call. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Kerberos MIT SSH Solaris 9
      ... I'm experiencing some problem on kerberizing ssh on Solaris 9 with MIT ... MIT Kerberos KDC 1.6.3 ... # Default definition for Authentication management ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: Creating dynamic tunnels using bash script (cygwin/solaris)
      ... ssh solaris "command to figure out what port you want" ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • RE: Telnet on Solaris 9
      ... there are no other solaris workstations .I do have a trial version of ssh for windows on my machine which uses GUI. ... I just made a mistake in configuring Secure shell on a Solaris server. ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (SunManagers)