cant block root login

From: Laurence Moughan (Laurence.Moughan_at_aerlingus.com)
Date: 08/10/04

    Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:25:52 +0100
    To: <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>

    Hi All,

    I have a pile of solaris 8 machines @ 117000-01

    Hardened and running openssh 3.8.1p1

    with my /etc/default/login

    CONSOLE=/dev/console

    and my sshd_config

    #PermitRootLogin yes

    However i can still ssh in and remotly login directly as root.

    Clues guys ?

    Anyone else had this problem ? - im begining to suspect openssh
    3.8.1p1

    Best Regards

    Laurence

    For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance visit http://www.aerlingus.com
    are addressed. Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking
    of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
    other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received
    this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
    the material.

    • cant block root login
      ... Hardened and running openssh 3.8.1p1 ... However i can still ssh in and remotly login directly as root. ... Clues guys? ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: scp problems between Solaris and Tru64
      ... I can ssh or sftp, but still I am unable to ... There is no scp1 in OpenSSH, ... > But the Dec Alpha is running OpenSSH. ... > if try to run again, but NOT as root. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: scp problems between Solaris and Tru64
      ... I can ssh or sftp, but still I am unable to ... There is no scp1 in OpenSSH, ... > But the Dec Alpha is running OpenSSH. ... > if try to run again, but NOT as root. ...
      (comp.unix.tru64)
    • Two ssh keys?
      ... Earlier today I tried to ssh into a box running openssh and found that ... the key fingerprint was not my key. ... characters. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Two ssh keys?
      ... Earlier today I tried to ssh into a box running openssh and found that ... the key fingerprint was not my key. ... characters. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)