Re: How to Restrict a user, not a root, Login to the Console?

From: Rex Monty di Bona (rex_at_comsmiths.com.au)
Date: 08/01/04

    Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 07:21:08 +1000
    To: cristina.villegas@itece.es

    This can be implemented with PAM. We have a PAM module that will
    restrict remote logins on a per user basis. Set it up that only those
    users allowed to login remotely are permitted (all other denied), then
    they'll have to login as themselves and then SU to the account.

                                    Rex.

    cristina.villegas@itece.es wrote:

    > I need a restrict user (oracle for exemple) login to the console. With a superuser root, edit the /etc/default/login file, but with a user????
    >
    > I want that any users who try to remotely log in to this system must first log in with their personal user login, and then use the su command to become a application user.
    >
    > I'm working on Solaris 8, and don't want implementation a RBAC solution.
    >
    > Any assistance will be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards
    > Cris

    • Re: how to substitute the remote login menu for the regular login text box in CDE.
      ... secondary and i type at the login prompt user1 for example, ... >> I want to disable the remote login and force the user to login through ... > you need to install ssh on the local machine and the remote machine. ... > make sure this xsession script is executable or it wont work. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Terminal Services Setup/Flaw
      ... This still allows everyone to hit the TS Server but denies the login to ... Terminal Server with this user and then .rdp into another server on the ... I found the Remote ...
    • RE: Blocking VPN remote access to a user
      ... users unable RDP to their computer remotely and only allow local login. ... Click Remote tab, select Remote Users button, please remove the user ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Remote Desktop (vncviewer)? (WAS: Remote X server login)
      ... I have been working for some time on getting VNC to work properly (going ... Subject: Remote Desktop? ... connect my vncserver without problem. ... I've had it so I can login and start a few apps, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Exchange mobile device issue:
      ... I'm having an issue with Exchange server and remote logins from mobile ... users I have tried to login from remote devices. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)