Re: Has anyone been able to get a jabber client

From: Evan Borgstrom (evan.borgstrom_at_ca.mci.com)
Date: 07/28/04

    To: Gregory Hicks <ghicks@cadence.com>
    Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:32:55 -0400

    Try gaim (http://gaim.sf.net).

    It's got jabber support in it and I've compiled it on Solaris 8.
    Although, I haven't built gaim in a long time so hopefully the new
    versions of gaim will still compile cleanly.

    -Evan

    On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 20:23, Gregory Hicks wrote:
    > working on Solaris 8? I've tried
    >
    > centericq-4.9.12
    > iksemel-1.1
    > jabberx-0.0.2
    > jabberx-0.1.0
    >
    > and am unable to get them to compile w/o errors. I have tried writing
    > to the authors, but have receive no responses over the past several
    > weeks.
    >
    > Any thoughts on what to do?
    >
    > Any assistance will be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gregory Hicks

    • Re: [SLE] Mozilla on SuSE8.2
      ... I installed KDE 3.1.3 and I had problem with fonts, ... I decided to update gaim and... ... and finally I succeded to compile ... gaim (libraries and gaim were taken from your site). ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Gaim2 ?
      ... > I've not tried with Gaim 2 but I remember that with earlier versions, ... > to get an MSN connection I had to compile with the Mozilla NSPR and NSS ... screen space. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: does gaim .74 compile on Su9.0
      ... > I'm thinking of buying su9 and was wondering if it could compile ... I have no idea if the msn9 protocol is easily compilable; ... gaim or talk to anyone on msn, so i've got no experience there. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: [SLE] Compiling Gaim
      ... > I'm trying to compile the latest gaim (seeing as the one one jaykay.org ... I've had it on the last two or three versions of gaim. ... Actually you're not missing anything, ... So, assuming you're not going to be building any gtk1 packages, you can safely ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Finally wrote-up my "How to Design Parts" section...
      ... csh and ksh also do file name completion, ... machines are offering csh simply as a link to tcsh. ... On Solaris 10 on Sun Ultra-2 machines, ... which I *also* have to download and compile before I can ...
      (rec.crafts.metalworking)