Re: files<->packages?

From: John Weekley (weekleyj_at_foobarlabs.net)
Date: 06/14/04

    Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:09:04 -0500

    On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 14:22, dbell wrote:
    > > is there a possibility to tell to which package certain file belongs? Or
    >
    > Yes. You can figure it out by looking in /var/sadm/install/contents.

    Warning:
    Solaris 10/Express no longer uses /var/sadm/install/contents, it's some
    SQL based thing. Kind of neat really, but at least with the contents
    file you had a fighting chance to fix things without a reinstall of the
    OS if an entry got hosed. How do you fix this without a reinstall?

    • Re: [Sarge] XFree86 does not start
      ... out which package a file belongs to, and reinstall it. ... fundamental liberties, risking free expression, free markets, scientific ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [Sarge] XFree86 does not start
      ... out which package a file belongs to, and reinstall it. ... It's xserver-xfree86, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Hello, help me cuz I got a big problem
      ... to reinstall the game ... and where the file belongs: ... Richie Hardwick ...
    • RE: mmgit.dll file
      ... The mmgit.dll file belongs to MusicMatch. ... You may need to uninstall it and then ... reinstall it. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)