Re: files<->packages?

From: Gregory Hicks (
Date: 06/12/04

    Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

    > Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:52:55 +0100 (BST)
    > From: Alex Owen <>
    > On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Jonathan Burelbach wrote:
    > > pkginfo -l <pkgname> - provide details information on a package.
    > > pkgchk -l <pkgname> - provides the file listing of a package
    > > pkgchk -lp <filename> - tells you what package the file came from
    > But do these commands tell you about packages you have not yet
    > installed?

    No. They only tell you about what you have installed on your

    Also, the "pkgchk -lp <filename>" above is incorrect.

    It should be "pkgchk -lp </path/to/filename>" Then it tells you what
    package the file came from...

    Gregory Hicks

    Gregory Hicks | Principal Systems Engineer
    Cadence Design Systems | Direct: 408.576.3609
    555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1 | Fax: 408.894.3479
    San Jose, CA 95134 | Internet:

    I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely
    learn a great deal today.

    "A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
    lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
    decision." - Benjamin Franklin

    • Re: Bug in teapot?
      ... entries are data for the packages which have version as their ... incremental modification of both files when inserting and removing ... packages off-by-n errors crept in somewhere, causing new commands to ... Output of 'teacup link info R', for R the path to the ...
    • Re: installing .debs from hdd
      ... installed tools to offer a sort of simplified/omniscient set of commands. ... It is easy to pick up, *can install from a local path name*, build ... auto-download Do an update followed by a download of all updated packages ...
    • Re: [SLE] YOU wants to downgrade my system
      ... > of all of these packages ... > Check the headers for your unsubscription address ... For additional commands send e-mail to ...
    • Re: Feature Request: Compile/syntax check current unit
      ... Isn't this consistent with "Compile"..? ... There is no "compile" command. ... I would like to have these commands: ... need to open other packages etc... ...
    • Re: bash_hystory behavior
      ... i am just upgrading lot of packages from testing and i experienced following problem: ... since yesterday, if i use the "arrow-up" key, the commands on the prompt will change corresponding to my .bash_history file. ... than pressing the same key a bout 10 times more, the commands will still change, but than the cursor moves even one more time up in the screen! ... tell me where i can put some screenshots of this! ...