Re: files<->packages?

From: dbell (dbell_at_mlab.org)
Date: 06/10/04

    Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:22:53 -0400 (EDT)
    To: Pavel Urban <pavel.urban@imaginet.cz>

    > is there a possibility to tell to which package certain file belongs? Or

    Yes. You can figure it out by looking in /var/sadm/install/contents.

    --
    Daniel Bell
    Heuer's Law: Any feature is a bug unless it can be turned off.

    • Re: Portland: Fixies are Illegal
      ... On 4 Aug 2006 00:43:32 GMT, Robert Lorenzini ... It's already the law in CA. ... Typoes are a feature, not a bug. ...
      (rec.bicycles.tech)
    • Re: BUG or FEATURE
      ... needs to prove that "See this seems to be a bug to me - I am typical ... and no where it is mentioned that the feature should work like this". ... lack of knowledge that "there is no Oracle". ... which ones (does management think) are the most ...
      (comp.software.testing)
    • Re: BUG or FEATURE
      ... 10x two all for replay. ... work better/easier will be a feature and not bug. ... goes to oracle. ...
      (comp.software.testing)
    • Re: [kde] KDE release cycles?
      ... And bug fixes mean fixing small time bugs in library or directly in the ... bugfix releases as opposed to feature releases: ... beta of proprietary software, i.e. the beta releases of Free Software products ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
      (KDE)
    • Re: Looking for the antonym for enhancement - A SolidWords study.
      ... from dictionaries and thesauri in an effort to augment our ... because the word enhancement carries with it ... Marketroid-speak for a bug fix. ... A hacker being ironic would instead call the fix a feature -- ...
      (comp.cad.solidworks)