Re: files<->packages?

From: Jonathan Burelbach (jburelba_at_phoenix.cit.nih.gov)
Date: 06/10/04

    Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:19:16 -0400
    To: Pavel Urban <pavel.urban@imaginet.cz>

    pkginfo -l <pkgname> - provide details information on a package.

    pkgchk -l <pkgname> - provides the file listing of a package

    pkgchk -lp <filename> - tells you what package the file came from

    On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 07:34:36PM +0200, Pavel Urban scribbled:
    > Hello,
    >
    > is there a possibility to tell to which package certain file belongs? Or
    > is there some service online? I'm quite happy with RedHat Linux' rpm -qf
    > and rpmfind.net and now I need to find something similar for Solaris. If
    > there isn't such a possibility, can you please tell me the name of
    > package to which 'showrev' belongs? Solaris 8, sparc... Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > Pavel Urban (pavel.urban@hq.iol.cz)
    > IOL system disaster
    > Internet OnLine, www.iol.cz
    > Vegetables should not operate electronic equipment.
    > Computer Stupidities, http://rinkworks.com/stupid/

    =========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
    Jonathan Burelbach                               jburelba@mail.nih.gov
    Unix Systems Administrator                  jburelba@topaz.cit.nih.gov
    NIH/CIT/DCSS/SOSB;12 South Dr.;Bldg 12B/2N207;Bethesda  (301) 496-7372

    • Re: package question
      ... > out where the code lives that's fulfilling that request. ... set version [package require $pkgName] ... # Use it to look up the provide script: ... make up $version of $pkgName. ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: .deb pakage querys
      ... reveals whether a package is installed and what version it is. ... checking man pages for aptitude and apt-get and can't find the same ... pkgname can be a file glob, ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • files<->packages?
      ... is there a possibility to tell to which package certain file belongs? ... is there some service online? ... and rpmfind.net and now I need to find something similar for Solaris. ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Re: Library .so file missing, but I have the .a file
      ... As for libpcap.so its part of the Companion CD package ... Either re-install it it or recover it with pkgchk. ... Anyway you cant mix companion packages with sunfreeware and ... Blow away the sunfreeware muck too ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: solaris overview for a Linux admin
      ... > Actually I am trying to install the current version of postfix. ... > Appart from the fact that there are NO precompiled packages for solaris, ... > Why is there no way to find out, which package a certain file belongs to? ... pkgchk -v lists all files in that package ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)