Re: Basic Solaris study book

From: Don Dirks (dirks_at_acuson.com)
Date: 06/10/04

    Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:06:39 -0700
    To: monz@danbbs.dk

    "A practical Guide to Solaris" by Sobell is worthy of your review. I found
    it to be extremely compressive book that covers all aspects of Solaris
    and related subjects. I learn a lot from this book and keep it handy on
    the bookshelf for reference.

    Don Dirks
    Siemens Medical Solutions
    Ultrasound Division
    Mountain View, CA 94039

    Mogens Valentin wrote:
    > I'm about to hold a Unix course, mostly about Linux, but some Mac OS X
    > and Solaris need be covered too.
    >
    > Participants are not expected to know more about Solaris(9) than some
    > basics after completing the course, after that, it's non selfstudy
    > basis.
    >
    > I'm searcing for a good all-round book on Solaris.
    > Something akin to Running Linux and Running Mac OS X from O'Reilly.

    • Re: Basic Solaris study book
      ... Actually I have found some of the best material online ... There is a lot of Solaris specific material and is very well written. ... > Something akin to Running Linux and Running Mac OS X from O'Reilly. ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Re: Serial mouse on SparcClassic ?
      ... >> SparcClassic when running linux or solaris? ... > Definitly not with Solaris, I suppose someone may have written a Linux ... I wil try to ask the same question in netbsd newsgroup. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
    • Basic Solaris study book
      ... I'm about to hold a Unix course, mostly about Linux, but some Mac OS X ... I'm searcing for a good all-round book on Solaris. ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Re: "Torn between two OS" - Solaris vs Linux
      ... highly doubt you'll be able to get my Epson RX600 USB2 ... printer/scanner working under Solaris. ... None out of the people running Linux started to ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Linux on Solaris 10 x86
      ... Is there such thing as running Linux OS within Solaris 10 x86. ... This way one would have both environments to work with on a single platform. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)