Re: "/etc/vfstab" re-creation

Russell_C_Page_at_national.com.au
Date: 06/03/04

    To: "Lawrence Sica" <lomion@citruspub.net>
    Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:25:41 +1000

    The following command prints currently mounted file systems in "vfstab"
    format.
    # mount -p
    /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 - / ufs - no
    rw,intr,largefiles,onerror=panic,suid,dev=2200000
    /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 - /usr ufs - no
    rw,intr,largefiles,onerror=panic,suid,dev=2200003
    /proc - /proc proc - no dev=3ec0000
    fd - /dev/fd fd - no rw,suid,dev=3f80000
    mnttab - /etc/mnttab mntfs - no dev=4080000
    /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 - /var ufs - no
    rw,intr,largefiles,onerror=panic,suid,dev=2200005
    swap - /var/run tmpfs - no dev=1
    /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 - /opt ufs - no
    rw,intr,largefiles,onerror=panic,suid,dev=2200006
    swap - /tmp tmpfs - no dev=2
    /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 - /u1 ufs - no
    rw,intr,largefiles,onerror=panic,suid,dev=2200007

    Just redirect the output to a file.

    Russell Page
    Certified Solaris Network Administrator

    Security Analyst
    Security Services
    National Australia Bank Limited
    +61 3 9886 2401

    "The concept of the atom has proved rather useful." - Lord Rutherford

    "Lawrence Sica" <lomion@citruspub.net>
    03/06/2004 06:00 AM

            To: ernalbant@uekae.tubitak.gov.tr
            cc: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
            Subject: Re: "/etc/vfstab" re-creation

    <quote who="ernalbant@uekae.tubitak.gov.tr">

    > Hi!
    >
    > I accidently deleted my /etc/vfstab on my solaris 2.5.1 server. I
    copied
    > the mount output to a file before rebooting. Using this file I have
    > created vfstab file. However is there a way to re-create or to restore
    the
    > vfstab file?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Ali

    The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is using /etc/mnttab
    as a template for recreating vfstab.

    --Larry

    • Re: Major vfstab problem!
      ... mount cdrom or jumstart into single user mode ... Once booted Mount the root partition ... Here is a basic svm vfstab ... >> I am logged in in single user mode and I am on a readonly filesystem. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: nfsstat -m for checking timeo
      ... > option you may specify in your automount map, vfstab, or mount comment line ... Is the configuration set up is on NIS server? ... I could not find the configuration at client side. ... I have checked vfstab or auto.master. ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • All my mount points are busy
      ... all the mount points seem to be busy, ... To check if it's already mounted, I ran df and looked at vfstab. ... So maybe the problem is that the mount point is busy. ... I couldn't unmount any of them. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: nfsstat -m for checking timeo
      ... Like everything else displayed in that output of nfsstat, timeo is a mount ... option you may specify in your automount map, vfstab, or mount comment line ...
      (comp.unix.admin)