Re: Issue's with ls

From: Casper Dik (casper_at_holland.sun.com)
Date: 04/21/04

    To: Michael Wright <cshelp@plu.edu>
    Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:40:25 +0200

    >First I would like to thank everyone for their responses and I'm going
    >to answer some of the things that seemed to come up in a lot of the
    >suggestions.
    >
    >First off, the server is running NFS but it is sharing mounts to another
    >server. I do not having anything mounted from the other server, nothing
    >in automount.
    >
    >I have tried stopping NFS just to see if that is the issue, no luck.
    >
    >I've run FSCK - nothing major there, but didn't fix it either.
    >
    >I'm running NIS, but this machine is the NIS server, so it isn't looking
    >up anything on the other server. And a look at the nsswitch.conf file
    >looks good.
    >
    >I've tried other users, same result.
    >
    >Restarted nscd.
    >
    >Now when I used truss -f ls -l this is what I found was hanging.
    >
    >2970: lstat64("./vol", 0xFFBEF9D0) (sleeping...)
    >2970: lstat64("./vol", 0xFFBEF9D0) Err#4 EINTR
    >
    >So that is where I'm at at the moment.

    That would seem to indicate vold hangs; stop vold and kill
    it if necessary (/etc/init.d/volmgmt stop; pkill -9 vold)

    Casper

    • Re: Issues with ls
      ... the server is running NFS but it is sharing mounts to another ... I'm running NIS, but this machine is the NIS server, so it isn't looking ... Michael Wright ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • [SLE] Suse 9.3 w/NFS & NIS Client
      ... Have Suse 9.3 on laptop running NFS & NIS Clients and a SuSE 9.3 server ... When I open Konqueror, the directory for the server shared directory ...
      (SuSE)