RE: PAM & Auth

From: LeBlanc, Brian (Brian.LeBlanc_at_Emera.com)
Date: 03/12/04

    To: "'Harbi, Fatima'" <Fatima.Harbi@qwest.com>
    Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:43:41 -0400

    Fatima,

    I believe you would use "reserve"

    Eg.

    login auth requisite pam_radius_auth.so.1 reserve

    -Brian

    > How do I limit the following in my pam.conf to users other than root? In
    > other words how do i make sure this is not applied to root?
    >
    > # Authentication management
    >
    > login auth requisite pam_radius_auth.so.1

    Notice of Confidentiality. This e-mail communication is considered
    confidential and is intended only for the person or persons identified as
    the recipient. If you are not the intended e-mail recipient(s) and have
    received this e-mail communication in error, please reply to sender
    immediately stating that you received this e-mail in error, and then delete
    this e-mail communication. Unauthorized disclosure or copying of this e-mail
    communication is prohibited.

    • RE: PAM & Auth
      ... I believe you would use "reserve" ... > other words how do i make sure this is not applied to root? ... If you are not the intended e-mail recipientand have ... received this e-mail communication in error, ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Locking out direct login
      ... Is there a way (short of scripting each individual login shell) to set up an ... account other than root that can be prevented from logging in directly ... root by disallowing direct login except via the main console. ... This e-mail communication is considered ...
      (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)