RE: Exploit or trojan

From: Myers, Mike (Mike.Myers_at_nwdc.ibs-lmco.com)
Date: 12/19/03

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:56:40 -0800
To: "Gil Disatnik" <gil@disatnik.com>, focus-sun@securityfocus.com

I might point out that the Sun fingerprint database can be of great assistance in a case like this. Sun has provided an interface to check MD5 checksums of all (well, most) binaries they have ever distributed either as patches or as core OS pieces.

The interface isn't great for mass checking of files (web form with max of 255 entries at a time) but it's a place to start:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/fileFingerprints.pl

Cheers,
 - Mike Myers, Mike.Myers <at> nwdc.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 6-CURRENT Network stack issues w/SMP? (Was: Re: TreeListfailed: Network write failure: ChannelMu
    ... >> MD5 checksums and sizes match. ... > - Does your network interface driver support checksum offload? ... tarball from a fast mirror, the problem manifests itself as ... analysis seems to indicate that large bursts of network traffic on this ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: office 12 tabbed documents
    ... Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ... will ALL the apps support a Tabbed Document Interface ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • INTERFACE NOT REGISTERED
    ... I'M NOT ABLE TO BURN CD'S BECAUSE OF AN ERROR CODE 80040155. ... IT'S SAYING THAT THE INTERFACE ISN'T REGISTERED. ... I COULD USE SOME ASSISTANCE. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Help : TERMINAL MANAGER interfaces
    ... I need assistance on one of the interfaces of Terminal Manager. ... suppose that a Dynamic Terminal is created (MST for example) I don't ... I understand the methods of the interface but I don't ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: No access to network resources once connected to SBS 2003 via
    ... email me directly for assistance. ... Reply only in the Newsgroups for the benefit of everyone ... > Do you use a home style router which hands out addresses?? ... go to its interface and change the address range it ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)