Re: ipf, Sunscreen or ?

From: James Lick (jlick_at_drivel.com)
Date: 10/24/03

    Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:40:08 -0700 (PDT)
    To: "Bryan Guest, BMI Internet" <bryan.guest@bmts.com>

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Bryan Guest, BMI Internet wrote:
    > Second, if you are rolling your own on Solaris 9, you can't compile 64bit
    > binaries using GCC. Something beyond me about the way GCC makes 64bit
    > binaries for Solaris 9 doesn't work, so you have to use the Sun compiler.
    > It might not be a Solaris 9 issue, I have only tried the 64bit package
    > there.

    Your gcc is probably old or not properly compiled for Solaris 9, or was
    compiled with 64-bit disabled. gcc needs to be recompiled each time to
    upgrade to a major OS release. It may almost-kinda-sorta work, but some
    things wont. Current versions of gcc compile current versions of ipf for
    64-bit just fine on my server.

    --- James Lick --- 黎建溥 --- jlick@drivel.com --- http://drivel.com.tw/ ---