Re: ipf, Sunscreen or ?

From: Valerie Anne Bubb (Valerie.Bubb_at_Sun.COM)
Date: 10/22/03

    Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:43:00 -0700 (PDT)
    To: cjpelton@ucdavis.edu, pmorris@wilshire.com

    >From: Patrick Morris <pmorris@wilshire.com>
    >
    >Chris Pelton wrote:
    >
    >> I would really like to get a software firewall running on some of my
    >> sun boxes but was burned awhile back by ipf (could have been a
    >> misconfiguration on my part but I never got the chance to research).
    >>
    >> Any thoughts? experiences?
    >
    >I'm a big fan of IPF -- works great on the Solaris boxes I use it on
    >(and I use it on a lot of them). Depending on your needs, it might also
    >be a lot cheaper then SunScreen.

    SunScreen 3.2 full version is included with Solaris 9 (supported
    based on your Solaris 9 support contract). SunScreen 3.1 Lite
    is included with Solaris 8 (and available for download). just fyi.

    Valerie

    • Re: documenting our Sun Boxes information
      ... > I am trying to document information about all our Sun boxes. ... > 7 and Solaris at our place. ... > Thanks, Mini ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: ufsdump on remote tape drive.
      ... > I have three sun boxes A,B & C. ... > Box A: solaris 2.6 ... > The boxes A & B both have tape drives. ... DeeDee, don't press that button! ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: The problem is not the computers.
      ... While pretending to be roadkill on the InfoBahn, ... who wanted to know what version of Windows our Sun boxes were ... When 'solaris' didn't parse we managed to get her as far as ... understanding that they were 'not windows'. ...
      (alt.sysadmin.recovery)