Re: Solaris 8 SSH Issues.

From: Darren J Moffat (Darren.Moffat_at_Sun.COM)
Date: 10/20/03

    Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
    To: "Brown, Rodrick" <rbrown@doitt.nyc.gov>

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Brown, Rodrick wrote:

    > Speaking of ssh on Solaris I'm running into two issues
    >
    > a) Users passwords expiring on them with out them knowing ie. They get
    > no warnings most of my servers are Solaris 8 so I'm using OpenSSH.

    Which release of Solaris 8 ?
    Which version of OpenSSH ?

    Do you have patch 108993-26 installed ?

    Did you build OpenSSH with PAM support ? Is it enabled ?

    > b) Users able to login into the system even though their passwords are
    > expired because there using ssh-agent/paraphrase

    Sounds like you don't have PAM enabled or configured.

    If you believe you do what does your pam.conf file look like.

    Finally which nameservice are you running [files, NIS+ or LDAP] ?

    --
    Darren J Moffat

    • Re: OpenSSH Password Aging/Expiration on UW2.1.3
      ... Try using gcc compiler. ... >difficulties with UnixWare and not Solaris. ... >> Look at the thread 'OpenSSH and forced password change' ... >>> When user bob attempts to login, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: ssh compatability issues
      ... >> without keeping two versions of ssh around on my home computer. ... running the OpenSSH server that comes with Solaris ... By 'some old security problems with that' I was not sure if you meant ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Sunfreeware OpenSSH 3.8p1 hostbased auth problem Solaris 9
      ... I've also explicitly disabled OpenSSH protocol 1. ... hostbased authentication only works when the client has ssh suid root. ... One of the OpenSSH devs suggested that for Solaris it could be hardcoded ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Proving OpenSSH 3.4p1 is using /dev/urandom (Solaris 9 ossh Vs OpenBSD ossh)
      ... I've had my battles with using a randomness generator under Solaris. ... Over the years while compiling up OpenSSH I've used AndiRAND, egd, ... OpenSSH ... However lsof does not show it being used as above. ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Re: Installing openssh on solaris 8 server
      ... I guess you have more fun with the packages onhttp://www.blastwave.org/ ... Older Solaris 8 versions do not have them out of the box. ... openssh package will tell you _beforehand_ if you need additional patch ... And with the blastwave infrastructure in place ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)