Re: Solaris 8 SSH Issues.

From: Darren J Moffat (Darren.Moffat_at_Sun.COM)
Date: 10/20/03

    Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
    To: "Brown, Rodrick" <rbrown@doitt.nyc.gov>

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Brown, Rodrick wrote:

    > Speaking of ssh on Solaris I'm running into two issues
    >
    > a) Users passwords expiring on them with out them knowing ie. They get
    > no warnings most of my servers are Solaris 8 so I'm using OpenSSH.

    Which release of Solaris 8 ?
    Which version of OpenSSH ?

    Do you have patch 108993-26 installed ?

    Did you build OpenSSH with PAM support ? Is it enabled ?

    > b) Users able to login into the system even though their passwords are
    > expired because there using ssh-agent/paraphrase

    Sounds like you don't have PAM enabled or configured.

    If you believe you do what does your pam.conf file look like.

    Finally which nameservice are you running [files, NIS+ or LDAP] ?

    --
    Darren J Moffat