Re: Password expiration in Solaris

From: Gregory Hicks (ghicks_at_cadence.com)
Date: 09/26/03

    Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com, techlists@comcast.net

    > Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:30:38 -0400
    > From: Paul Greene <techlists@comcast.net>
    > To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
    > Subject: Password expiration in Solaris
    >
    > There appears to be two different ways to apply password expiration in
    > Solaris; one is the parameters set in /etc/shadow (through admintool or
    > command line), and the other is the password parameters set in
    > /etc/default/passwd.
    >
    > Which one takes precedence if both are configured?

    shadow.

    > PG

    Gregory Hicks | Principal Systems Engineer
    Cadence Design Systems | Direct: 408.576.3609
    555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1 | Fax: 408.894.3400
    San Jose, CA 95134 | Internet: ghicks@cadence.com

    "The trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
    appreciates how difficult it was."

    When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as
    one... the sky's the limit.

    Just because "We've always done it that way" is not necessarily a good
    reason to continue to do so... Grace Hopper, Rear Admiral, United
    States Navy