Re: Password expiration in Solaris

From: Gregory Hicks (ghicks_at_cadence.com)
Date: 09/26/03

    Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com, techlists@comcast.net

    > Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:30:38 -0400
    > From: Paul Greene <techlists@comcast.net>
    > To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
    > Subject: Password expiration in Solaris
    >
    > There appears to be two different ways to apply password expiration in
    > Solaris; one is the parameters set in /etc/shadow (through admintool or
    > command line), and the other is the password parameters set in
    > /etc/default/passwd.
    >
    > Which one takes precedence if both are configured?

    shadow.

    > PG

    Gregory Hicks | Principal Systems Engineer
    Cadence Design Systems | Direct: 408.576.3609
    555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1 | Fax: 408.894.3400
    San Jose, CA 95134 | Internet: ghicks@cadence.com

    "The trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
    appreciates how difficult it was."

    When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as
    one... the sky's the limit.

    Just because "We've always done it that way" is not necessarily a good
    reason to continue to do so... Grace Hopper, Rear Admiral, United
    States Navy

    • Re: Stop Password Expiration vía command-line
      ... How can a batch set a user's UserAccountControl attribute for ... What's the command / option / flag to stop password expiration when we ...
    • Re: RE: Net user add & password expiration
      ... In the second command I obtain that the option /pwnexp does not exist? ... "Jerold Schulman" wrote: ... to add a user locally with the password expiration to never and no possiblity ... This command works on windows 2000 and NT but not on windows 2003. ...
    • Password expiration dates
      ... I use the passwd -sa command to get a list of the accounts, ... they have a password set or are locked, ... Sometimes when I execute this command, ... have to change their password at next logon (if password expiration is ...
      (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
    • Re: Account expiration and creation dates
      ... I will assume password expiration. ... ADFIND can get the info but instead of giving you when the account will expire it will give you when the password was set ... I have found several command line utilities; dsget and the tools at joeware.net that can provide the expiration date but only for a specific user if given. ... Maybe I missed something with these tools or didn’t properly use them – if this is the case if someone could let me know what the proper syntax would be that would be great. ...
    • /etc/default/passwd and SSH
      ... like to enforce password expiration. ... when the password expiration is coming up and I was wondering if someone ... approved OpenSSH package in future Solaris releases to see this feature? ...
      (Focus-SUN)